Collection of Information.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information you provide is stored in a hosted data storage service (“Hidenplex”). The storage service has three separate components:
- (1) a public storage component, which contains the Hidenplex name you create when setting up a Hidenplex Wallet via Hidenplex;
- (2) a restricted storage component, which contains the information you provide about any recipient (such as the Hidenplex name or Hidenplex public address of the recipient) when you send a balance; and
- (3) an ID storage component, which includes contact and other identifiable information you provide about yourself, including the email address you provide when first setting up a Hidenplex Wallet and any information you submit for identity verification purposes.
Information We Collect Automatically.
When you use Hidenplex, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log files that contain the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information about you when you use Hidenplex, including cookies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory. For information about how to disable cookies, please see “Your Choices” below. Through these technologies, we may collect information about your interactions with Hidenplex, including Hidenplex Mesh transactions you submit via Hidenplex. For instance, we may collect the currency involved in a transaction, the time and date of a transaction, your approximate location based on your IP address at the time of a transaction and other related information.
- Hidenplex Wallet Information: When you create a Hidenplex Wallet via Hidenplex, your browser generates a public address and private key pair for you. The public address is automatically added to the public storage component and the private key is automatically added to the restricted storage component. Hidenplex does not have access to the private key, which is stored in an encrypted state. If you lose it, you cannot get it back and you will lose all assets associated with this account.
Information We Collect From Other Sources.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through Hidenplex. For instance, when you submit information for identity verification purposes, we may receive information about you from software “screening” programs or fraud prevention service providers, including information about you.
Use of Information.
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve Hidenplex;
- Provide and deliver the services you request, facilitate Hidenplex Mesh transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and informational notifications;
- Verify your identity, monitor suspicious activity and prevent fraudulent or other illegal activities;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and other support and informational messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Hidenplex and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Analyze trends and usage;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine any information we collect about you; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which you provided the information.
Sharing of Information.
- With the Hidenplex Mesh and Users of the Hidenplex Mesh.
- We will share your public storage component data and any transaction details with the Hidenplex Mesh to facilitate a transaction request you submit via Hidenplex. This information will be publicly viewable via the Hidenplex Mesh public ledger; and
- At your direction, we will share information from the ID storage component with other parties. For instance, you may direct us to send this information to a Hidenplex Mesh gateway or other third-party service accessible via Hidenplex. Use of your information by these third parties will be subject to their privacy policies.
Other Important Sharing.
- With service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or as otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
- Between and among Company, and its current and future parents, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through Hidenplex that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
You may correct or delete information maintained in the ID storage component at any time by logging into Hidenplex. Please note that we may retain deleted information to comply with applicable laws and for our legitimate business purposes.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Company by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of Hidenplex.